The Golden Rules of Blogging

The Golden rules of Blogging for Year 5 in 2017

Blogging is fun and a wonderful learning and sharing activity.

These are the blogging rules and guidelines for

Year 5

Blogs are in a public space – be proud of anything you write or post!

The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of students when blogging.

Do not post information or pictures of others without their permission and never use full names.

When blogging you must:

• Not write about any personal information– eg your phone numbers or tell anyone where you live. 

• Be responsible when posting on the internet.

• Write full words and sentences – not mobile phone talk.

• Don’t post anything about yourself that you wouldn’t like others to see

• Never post your full name or the full name of others – only first names.

• Never post any details about where you might live: eg) “Hi I’m Mitch and I live in Smith Street, Smithville” – BAD. “Hi I’m Mitch and I live in Castle Hill /NSW” – GOOD.

• Never post any information that may lead to your identity. Be careful of any information you reveal:eg – “I play soccer for the Diamonds – my game is at 7.30 this Saturday” – BAD – “I play soccer with a local team during the Week” – GOOD.

• Remember – you all have a personal blog which is designed to help you share your learning this year – make sure everything  is checked and double checked before you publish anything to your person blog- this personal blog is a reflection of you!

• Posts written by you (students) are checked by your teacher (me – Mrs Callan)  before they are published on the blog.

• All comments submitted have to be approved by the teachers before they are included on the blog.

• If you do you find something unpleasant, distressing or just feel uncomfortable, tell your teacher, parents or an adult.